We are looking for motivated Interns for a three or six-month internship (mid-Nov-May period) through an Erasmus Placement or the Leonardo da Vinci EU Programme. All internship positions currently available involve audio-visual and cultural projects, and promote an exploration of media freedom and pluralism issues as well as European law and policies.
The ERASMUS (current EU-based University students) and LEONARDO DA VINCI (Graduates) Lifelong Learning Programme sub-programmes for placements in Europe provide with the opportunity to apply for a grant in view of an internship abroad (in one of the 27 countries of the European Union or in one of the 3 EFTA countries).
Applicants must be established in one of the following countries: the 27 Member States of the European Union (as of 1 January 2007), the EFTA-EEA countries and candidate countries.
Intern Positions within the framework of the European Initiative for Media Pluralism – European Citizens’ Initiative Campaign are currently possible in the following countries:
- United Kingdom
- Organising events to disseminate EIMP Campaign information at a local and European level;
- Communication with civil society organisations and media partners;
- Translating and editing (Intern’s native language – English and French to/from);
- Social Networking & Web content development;
- Signature collection for the European Citizens’ Initiative Campaign and its local implementation.
- Attention to detail, creativity and willingness to learn;
- Experience and / or interest in communications and media;
- Capacity to linguistically and culturally adapt texts (legal and otherwise), and to target them towards either a specific public, or a wider, more general public;
- Good knowledge of standard office software packages;
- Good command of both written and spoken English and French (other languages are considered as an asset).
Applications should be written in English and consist of a detailed Curriculum vitae (Europass Format) and cover letter indicating the earliest starting date and the EU grant available (Erasmus Placement or Leonardo da Vinci). Then, they should be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (Ms. Esther Durin, Institut des Hautes Études des Communications Sociales, Brussels, Belgium)
and email@example.com (Attn: Ms. Anna Lodeserto)
mentioning “EIMP Programmes Internship Application” in the subject line.
Deadline for Applications: 30 October 2012
European Initiative for Media Pluralism | Editorial Office